Noah’s Ark of Central Florida, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non profit organization that relies on financial and volunteer support. Please help us continue our mission by volunteering your time and talents or donating funds to Noah’s Ark. There are many ways to help enrich the lives of our residents and members…
Volunteer for an Event
Would you like to volunteer for one or more of our events? We rely on a team of dedicated volunteers to continue pursuing our mission and serving our community of people with developmental disabilities and their families. Our needs are varied, as are the talents of our volunteers. Become a volunteer today!
Step 1: Download and complete the Volunteer Application then mail your application into 500 Inspiration Dr., Lakeland, Fl. 33805 *Volunteers must also pass a Level 2 Background Screening by local, FDLA, and FBI law enforcement.
Step 2: Please wait for 1-2 weeks for our Activities and Volunteer Coordinator to contact you and set up an interview/ volunteer orientation
Step 3: Receive your login details, to Village Chat, from Noah’s Ark and start volunteering!
Support us without spending an extra cent! Buy something for yourself, a loved one, or anyone, and we receive a contribution out of what you spend. Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. Amazon Smile is the same Amazon you know—same products, same prices, same service.
Donating via AmazonSmile
In your internet browser type or click on this link_ https://smile.amazon.com/gp/chpf/about
You will be taken through a signup process and then select your charity. If you do not already have a charity and would like to donate your .5% to Noah’s Ark then please make sure you select Noah’s Ark of Central Florida, Inc.
When you log in to Amazon in the future you just log in via Amazon smile rather than the regular Amazon link and you will see your charity listed at the top of the web page. Everything else is the same as what you would expect to see…
Already signed up with AmazonSmile? Then start shopping and support Noah’s Ark – AMAZONSMILE
Our innovative programs always need operating funds. Noah’s Ark of Central Florida is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, so all donations are tax-deductible to the maximum amount allowed by law. You can make a one-time contribution, or set up a monthly, quarterly, or annual pledge. Gifts of any amount are needed and greatly appreciated.
Donations can be sent to:
PO Box 92221
Lakeland, FL 33804-2221
If you donate to United Way without a selected charity, please consider directing your contributions our way. It’s easy to do through any United Way agency. On your Contributor’s Choice Form, insert:
Noah’s Ark of Central Florida
PO Box 92221, Lakeland, FL 33804-2221
Organizational Code: 155 283
When transferring funds into or out of the US, consider using an exchange company like Currencies Direct or Moneycorp. Quote Harding Bell International and commissions will be paid to Noah’s Ark of Central Florida. Click on the links below for further information…
As your children complete their education, settle into a career, and begin to prosper, you’ll probably have less need to assist them financially. If possible, please consider redirecting some of your life insurance benefits, donating stocks or mutual funds (often avoiding paying capital gains tax), or donating a car or real estate holding. It’s a great way to help individuals with disabilities while leaving a legacy for yourself. For more information, contact us at (863) 687-0804.
Another fantastic way to help is to buy a brick to honor the memory of a loved one, to celebrate a special occasion, or just for fun. Finished bricks are engraved with an inscription of your choice and placed around the pathways at Noah’s Landing. Bricks come in two sizes: a 4″ x 8″ with 3 lines of text for only $100.00, or an 8″ x 8″ with 6 lines of text for $250.00.
There are two simple ways to order:
- Fill out the Build A Brick Form and mail it, along with your check payable to Noah’s Ark of Central Florida, to PO Box 92221, Lakeland, FL 33804
- Order online at Bricks R Us
For more information contact the Noah’s Ark office at (863) 687-0804.
Join a Committee
We operate several committees that periodically have openings. Interested? please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information.
Development & Fundraising Committee
- responsible for the short and long-range financial foundation of the Corporation development
- oversee the submission of grant proposals, development and implementation of annual and capital campaigns
Strategic Planning Committee
Chair: Jim Maynard
- gather information and project the future needs of the people we serve and for the staff
- provide services and make recommendations to the Board of Directors on how best to formulate plans to meet those needs
Community Relations Committee
Chair: Ray Paoli
- educate the general public on the needs of individuals with disabilities and raise awareness of the efforts being made by the Corporation
- provide regular updated and timely information to members and potential members of the Corporation
- monitor legislative issues that have an effect on the people we serve and their families
- educate the people we serve and their families on issues that are pertinent to their current and future well-being, keep up-to-date on changes in policy and procedures related to Exceptional Student Education (ESE) issues and Affordable Housing efforts and funding at the local, state and federal levels, develop and maintain a working and/or advisory relationship with other organizations that may have similar goals to that of Noah’s Ark
Property Management Committee
Chair: Margaret McNutt
- develop and implement a monitoring system that ensures timely and accurate collection and deposits of rents, utilities, and other fees
- ensure that the Noah’s Ark properties are being properly maintained and that there are no health or safety concerns for residents
- measure resident satisfaction and provide a method for a resident to pursue a grievance
- see to the compliance of all local, state and federal laws particularly those related to fair housing.
Operations & Development Committee
Chair: Dave Bratcher
- identify, evaluate and make recommendations on potential enterprises that may provide employment, meaningful day activity, or volunteer opportunities to the people we serve
- identify potential revenue sources to help underwrite the costs of operating these enterprises
- oversee the development and implementation of an annual budget and business operations plan for each enterprise