Noah’s Ark is an active participant in the local community. As such, we use every opportunity possible to further our mission of providing meaningful housing and lifestyle options for those with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities. Here is a list of some upcoming events that we will be participating is and fundraising at, we hope you will join us!
Upcoming Special Events/Fundraising Events
April 6, 2019
- Polk Pre-Collegiate 5K Run & Walk- starting at 8:00AM
- Located at Lake Myrtle Sports Complex 2701 Berkley Road, Auburndale Fl.
- Register to run or walk in the race: https://runsignup.com/noahsarkflorida
- Serve Day Volunteers at Noah’s Landing – 3rd Annual
- A group of young adult volunteers will spend the day getting to know and having fun with our residents.
- Rockin’ on the River – from 12:00PM-3:00PM
- The two-day music festival includes 50/50 raffles, local bands, and catering from Tanner’s Lakeside, Rick’s Bar-B-Q, and Kick Yo’ Butt competition BBQ and catering team, Idle Zone and more. Bring your chairs and dancing shoes.
- Located at the FFA Leadership Training Center on Lake Pierce. We will have a booth on Saturday so be sure to stop by and say hello.
- Noah’s Ark General Membership Meeting – 2:00 PM at the Landing
- General Members are invited to join us for updates from Falon Alo, Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
April 20, 2019
- Autism Walk Orlando – 8:00 am – 12:00 pm Orange County Convention Center
- Join families from all over for a fun-filled event that will be sure to create lasting memories! Raise money for the Central Florida Autism community, meet invaluable Autism resources, make friends, & just flat-out have a blast! 100% OF FUNDS RAISED STAY RIGHT HERE IN CENTRAL FLORIDA!
- Noah’s Ark will be participating and will have a booth so be sure to come and say hello.
Check out our Meeting & Event Calendar (below our Activities Calendar) for details of other upcoming events and fundraisers…
Specially Fit Partnership
Noah’s Ark has recently begun a new partnership with Specially Fit. Specially Fit is a nonprofit organization that provides year round workout routines and Special Olympic opportunities to individuals with Special Needs. Marky Oliver, Executive Director is on a mission. His goal is to change lives through health, fitness, love, and inclusion. Our partnership with this program will help our residents stay active with a new set of skills for maintaining a healthy life. Marky takes time to celebrate each milestone of the individual by clapping, cheering, and giving praise in every workout. Specially Fit is sponsoring a limited offering of their exercise classes to Noah’s Ark residents twice a week for two months. We look forward working with Marky to find additional resources that will allow us to offer this activity to our residents on a regular basis.